Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Red seersucker

In less than three days I will be in Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia. I'll be home. As much as I love Nashville and all the incredible new people I've met here, there is no way in the world this city could replace Athens in my mind. I can't freakin' wait to get back to Georgia and see all the people I miss so much and spend some time in the city that treated me so well for four incredible years. It finally set in that the weekend is right around the corner when I picked up my red seersucker gameday pants from the tailor. Gotta make sure I'm looking my best for the Bulldogs on Saturday. I wore them all last year and they were a size too big. Can't be looking sloppy for my triumphant return.

I'm also really looking forward to my parents and grandmother coming into town for Family and Friends Day at the law school on Friday. There's a full program of stuff for them to do and it'll be nice to have them around and let them get a glimpse into my law school life. My mom and grandmother are going to drive up to Indiana U. to see my sister after the program ends on Friday while Pops and I drive back to Georgia.

Played in my first ever softball game yesterday. Got beat 4-0. I played okay but it was really strange tossing around that big ol' ball. I'm used to a baseball and it felt bizarre. Had a lot of fun though, I think our team might be decent if we get it together a little bit. It'll be a blast win or lose, though. By the way, we're The Tasty Torts.

Bar Review is at The Flying Saucer tomorrow night. Good times are sure to follow. For now, I've gotta do some work. And daydream about Athens while doing it. Prediction: UGA 47, Colorado 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home