Sunday, September 10, 2006

Party at my place?

Last night was a revolutionary experience. For the first time in my life as a UGA fan, I was going to be watching the game at a sports bar. During all four years of undergrad, I missed a total of eight Georgia games, all of them on the road. Not too shabby. Every single one of those games I watched in someone's home. Last night, with the OSU/Texas game on at the same time, all the other 1L's from UGA (along with all the folks that are trying to become Georgia fans) were planning on hitting a sports bar called The Longshot. Turns out The Longshot was the unofficial home of the Tennessee Volunteer nation and it was packed with orange and white. Sickening. We hopped from bar to bar, looking for a table for our big group, but nothing was to be found. So my roommate and I made the decision to move the party to our apartment.

Long story short, when I woke up this morning to clean up from last night, I counted boxes from about 15 twelve-packs and nine boxes of pizza. I think we probably had about 50 people over for the impromptu party. It was crazy. There were probably around 30 people in the living room watching UGA/USC on the big screen and then another twenty or so in my room to watch #1 vs. #2. Twenty people in my room! I can't believe how quickly it all came together. There were people waiting to get into our apartment when we got back from the sports bar. In total, huge success. UGA won 18-0. Oh yeah, and the party was fun, too.

NFL starts today. Falcons-Panthers in less than 3 hours. Can't wait. Gonna get to church before it gets started and then cheer on the Dirty Birds. Prediction: Atlanta 27, Carolina 21.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home