Thursday, September 14, 2006

Law school is hard

Yup. It's true. Law school is really really tough. I've been doing a lot of work this week and, although I enjoy it, it's still a ton of stuff. I've got a rough draft of an office memo due tomorrow morning by 8 a.m. and lots of reading to do before Bar Review. With that in mind, Bar Review should be great, as always. A nice release, for sure.

I got a couple of cool opportunities this week that I'm excited about. First, I got elected as a 1L Representative for the Ambassadors program, the group that is responsible for making sure that prospective students think Vandy is the best law school around and that alumni know that it still is the best law school around. We give tours. We talk to students and parents. We hang out with alums. It's like the V.C. and O.L put together but for law school. Should be fun.

I also got selected for the Executive Board of the Entertainment and Sports Law Society (ESLS). The group brings in speakers a few times a month to talk to students who, like yours truly, are interested in those fields. I'm excited to work with people in that legal area and hopefully make some cool contacts with attorneys around Nashville. Next week we're having the legal counsel for the Nashville Predators (NHL) come and speak. A good start to the year I feel like.

Bar Review in five hours. Lots of work to do. Peace.

1 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love the fact that have about a thousand pages of Con Law to read and, instead, I'm purusing your blog at 8:30pm. Yeah for my life...I hate sleep anyways.

Thad B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home