Saturday, August 05, 2006

Home sweet home?

Well, here I am.

I'm typing from 2135 Acklen Avenue, Apartment 5, Nashville, TN. Yup, it's my new apartment. Crap is everywhere but it's where I live. Things are coming together nicely if you don't count the recent discovery that the apartment has a flea problem. Yeah, like a dog would have. There were apparently fleas all over the place when my roommate moved in last night but we seem to have the problem under control now that we've used Raid on about 80% of the place. And it doesn't even smell bad... how delightful.

Yesterday was one of the toughest days of my life, saying goodbye to so many people I love and leaving Athens as a resident for the very last time. I drove down Sanford Drive and had my time alone with the school. It was terribly upsetting but incredibly cathartic at the same time. I have so much time and love invested in UGA and its people that I can't imagine what it would have been like to leave without a proper goodbye. Don't worry, Classic City. I'll be back. Soon. Specifically September 23, 2006. Colorado at Georgia. It's on.

And now it's about time for me to go to sleep for the very first time in my new city. Man, this feels weird. And exciting. And terrifying. Soon this will feel like home. For now it feels like a familiar hotel room.

1 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Marissa said...

James-- I hope Noshville's ham and cheese was great for your dad. And I really hope he got a side order of bacon and sausage.

You know, I don't know if the city of Athens actually misses you (do cities miss?) but I know the people of Athens must.

Well, there is a girl in Mississippi who sure does.

When are we going to meet in Memphis??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home