Saturday, July 22, 2006

The rock continues...

One of the biggest perks of living in Athens is the opportunity to discover new bands at any moment. And while The Modern Skirts are by no means an underground phenomenon, I had my first Skirt exposure tonight and it was delightful. About half of their songs sounded like they'd belong on Abbey Road or The White Album and I say that without implying that they sound too much like The Beatles. Just great, sensible pop-rock. Brilliant.

I know Nashville has a much bigger music scene than Athens but I'm sure I'll miss being able to drop into little bars and clubs and hear brilliant music for the first time. Athens is rough around the edges. Nashville is slick. I'll take the humanity of Athens over the polish of Cashville... or so I'm fairly certain right now.

In other news, there was a shim taking the 2:30 tour today at the Visitors Center. Couldn't tell at all if it was a dude parading as a woman or just a lady who confused her multivitamins with hormone pills. It was distracting. Chalk one up for gender ambiguity.

I wonder if they'll hire law students at the Vandy V.C.?

1 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You writing about Athens makes me miss you and Athens eventhough both you and Athens are still here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home